Mindfulness for Stress Management
This course can be delivered over 6 weeks @1.5 hours or in 2 days.
The World Health Organisation has called stress the health epidemic of the 21st century. There has been an emergence of a new type called ‘techno-stress’. On average people spend over 8 hours each day on their devices. This compulsive checking for updates and messages has led to a number of symptoms including anxiety, headaches, eye and neck strain and insomnia.
This course is an opportunity to hit pause, reflect and make simple changes to your daily routine. This will support you with stress management and in living a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Throughout the course you will:
- Learn about the many physiological, psychological and spiritual benefits of mindfulness meditation
- Understand stress, how to recognise the symptoms and how to manage symptoms
- The link between meditation, stress management and the scientific evidence to support the practice
- Develop a range of tools to cope with stress through their natural resources of their breath, body and senses through mindfulness practice
- Develop an understanding of mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Learn how to manage emotions more mindfully to manage stress
- Learn how to live a more mindful lifestyle to support sustained holistic well-being
- Learn how to reduce the ‘noise’ levels in their lives to reduce stress
- Learn personal organisation techniques to create more time to do the things you love including setting daily, weekly and longer term goals to reduce stress and support holistic health and well-being