This course can be delivered over 6 weeks @1.5 hours or in 2 days.
Mindfulness is a simple concept based on an appreciation of living life in the present moment, non-judgmentally. Very often we miss precious moments through the business of our daily lives.
Mindfulness meditation nurtures greater awareness, appreciation, clarity and acceptance of present moment reality. The practice is based on being mindful of ourselves and our daily activities eg. eating, walking, our natural environment and other people.
During this practical course you will develop mindfulness tools which can be easily integrated into everyday life.
- Throughout the duration of the course, you will learn about the many physiological, psychological and spiritual benefits of mindfulness
- You will learn how to use your natural resources of the breath, the body and the senses to ground you in the present moment
- We will explore mindful breathing, sitting, standing, walking, eating and cooking practice
- You will learn how to develop a meditation practice; create a personal meditation space at home or away; and be able to use meditation to support sustained positive
- improvements to your holistic health and well-being
For your homework each week you will be asked to practice a daily activity mindfully. You will be encouraged to keep a personal journal to record any insights on your meditation journey.