What are the benefits of mindfulness?
One of the main benefits of meditation is stress management as it triggers the relaxation response in the body and contributes to holistic health and wellbeing.
A regular practice helps to prevent stress from getting into the system and can help to release accumulated stress from the body.
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances the immune system
- Increases blood flow and slows the heart rate
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Decreases muscle tension
- Relaxes our nervous system
- Helps lower cholesterol levels
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improves flow of air to the lungs, resulting in easier breathing
- Decreases the ageing process.
- Weight loss
- Builds self-confidence
- Decreased tendency to worry
- Develops intuition
- Helps with focus & concentration
- Increased productivity
- Improved learning ability and memory
- Unlocks creativity
- Helps living in the present moment
- Provides peace of mind and increases happiness
- Helps you discover your true purpose
- Increased compassion
- Growing wisdom
- Deeper understanding of yourself and others
- Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
- Nurtures skills in non-judgement leading to increased acceptance of oneself and others
- Helps develop forgiveness
"Before an interview, I was feeling very nervous and used the breathing exercise to calm myself and regain focus! It definitely worked as I got the job! Thank you so much for teaching this valuable technique… I will be able to pass on to others in my work with young adults."